The First Polish B@B Forum
“Business and Biodiversity – Ecological Intelligence in Business”.
The Forum will take place on June 16th, 2015, at Museum POLIN, in Warsaw. The Forum is a satellite event of the European Green Week organized by the European Commission.
The Forum’s agenda covers the discussion on the ‘biodiversity and business’ trends in the EU and worldwide, recent legislation development and the best business models of biodiversity worldwide. It is planned to gather around 100 top companies from Poland, EU Commission representatives and Polish government representatives (Minister of the Environment and the General Director for the Environmental Protection). The splendor will also add a ‘green’ concert by Polish composer Rafał Kulczycki with multimedia case presentations.
Parés Baltà will be presenting its SME case of Biodiversity as an opportunity for competition with ecological intelligence.
Agenda of the Forum
3:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – registration at the Forum and welcome drink
4:00 p.m. – Opening of the Forum.
Introduction of the Polish B@B Platform (President and Vice-President of PPB@B) Opening speeches by:
- Minister of the Environment (Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of the Environment, Chief Nature
- Representative of the EU Commission (DG Environment)
Main part of the Forum – Why biodiversity is now the key driver of economy?:
- Lecture of Professor Mike Rosenberg – Assistant Professor of Strategic Management and Analysis of Business Problems, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Biodiversity as a business case. CEO perspective:
- Speech and showcase by Mr. Jim Rushworth – Vice President Environment & Public Affairs Quarries, Aggregates & Concrete, Lafarge
- Presentation of DOW’s business case by Mr. Christoph Sikora – General Manager Central Europe Dow Austria GmbH
5:30 p.m. coffee break and presentation of the Museum POLIN and guided tour of selected attractions of theMuseum POLIN by Professor Dariusz Stola – Director of the MuseumPerspective of financial institutions investing in Europe
- Presentation by Mr. Robert Adamczyk Senior Environmental Advisor of EBRD
Discussion panel: There’s no alternative to sustainable development. Can any business afford ignoring global trends connected with biodiversity?
- Top executives from the largest Polish companies and representatives from global corporations present in (PKN Orlen, PGNiG, UTC, BASF, Interserve, LVMH).
Organic Cavas & Wines Penedés – environmentally respectful cultivation of the vines (All wines certified as organic and the vineyards as biodynamic)
- Presentation by Mr. Joan Cusiné Cusiné – owner Pares Balta winery, Spain, Catalonia
8.00 p.m. Green concert by a Polish composer and pianist – Rafał Kulczycki and a multimedia case presentation of best practices and biodiversity friendly business cases.
8:30 p.m. Green banquet